Tuesday, October 4, 2011

About please..List of places to work for in San Jose del Cabo / Cabo San Lucas

Please..List of places to work for in San Jose del Cabo / Cabo San Lucas?
Hi I am moving to San Jose del Cabo and was wondering if anybody can give me a heads up on the places where I should send my resume. I am Mexican but was raised in the States for 13 years (so I am 100% Bilingual) then I moved to Mexico city, worked here for a while, but now I am moving to San Jose del Cabo. I am currently studying a Masters in International Business Administration, and have a Bachelors degree in Computer information System (field, which I am really not expecting to work in) My previous job was for HSBC as a Project Manager. I am looking for something related to Administration as this is the field where I have developed most of my knowledge but am open to any other job openings. I really don't know where to start looking into, except hotels (which I would love to work in), but I don 't know the names of the hotels down there. Does anybody have an idea of places where they are hiring people at the moment? or suggestions of places I can send my resume to? All comments are well received. Thanks for reading me out. Peace Out!
Cabo San Lucas - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nicolas, estas dos páginas son las mas usadas por empresas de prestigio para búsqueda de empleos, check them out search by State you may find something interesting and in most cases you can send your resume by email. Best of lucks! http://www.occ.com.mx/ http://www.computrabajo.com.mx/bt-ofertas.htm
2 :
Hola. You have plenty of options with your status and background. But you are better off to start your search here first, and go around with resumes from site to site rather than mail them. You could see what is available in the local papers, plus craigslist for the baja is becoming a new place to post local jobs. Of course, most of the hotels are chains and hire within to meet their management needs. You may be able to find a management trainee position to start off with, but they also expect you to put in the loyalty time before moving up the ladder. So you may have to take any job just to get your foot in the door. Do you have any connections with HSBC? Also, several of the large chain companies here may be interested in you. Costco, Soriana, Home depot, office max, etc. find it hard to get local qualified people. You could be involved with tourist businesses or golf courses, or you could deal with airport business, exporting/importing, there are several options there. Of course there is also local government, Fonateur. etc.
3 :
I think you will most certainly be Underemployed. An old friend of mine (Mexican) whom I had not seen for 15 years was standing at a bus stop and we had a conversation. He was looking for work and I said, you cant find anything?. Sure, there is lots of work but they dont want to pay more than 50 mxp a day..and how much is a chicken? he asked. I am sure you have you reasons for going to SJD but with you credentials you may have a better shot in Cancun. Best of luck

Read more other entries :